SIK is Greenland's largest labor union with branches around Greenland. SIK has agreements on wages and agreements on working conditions, with large and small companies as well as with the public employers and publicly owned companies. We have local departments (SIP's) on the coast in various towns and villages.
► Videofilm about history of SIK, click here
Registration form (members form)
- It is important that all fields are filled.
- It is important that your writing is legible.
PBS (Banks Pay Service)
- With your signature on the registration form you agree thereby to pay via PBS.
- Your first bill on fee being sent as giro.
- It is important you pay giro soon after receipt.
- If you do, you will not get more giro sent, payment is ongoing.
- Payment will be made each month.
- Fees for membership are different.
- The reason why fees are different is that local unions (SIP) itself determines the size of theirshare of the quota.
It is important to contact SIK when moving
- To a different address in your hometown.
- To another city.
- If you change job.
- Or if you need to move to another country.
- Cancellation of membership must be informed to SIK written.
- If you cancel past after half of the month, you pay next month too.
SIK does not repay the fees retroactively.
The address of the headquarters
SIK, Issortarfimmut 11, P.O. Box 9, 3900 Nuuk
Tlf.: +299 32 21 33 Fax: +299 32 49 39
SIK Vacation Fund
Employees, paid according to SIK's collective agreements - and their immediate family members - can be granted a holiday trip. The allocation of holiday travel is done by drawing lots from the applicants who meet the conditions for being able to get a holiday trip.